Kids and adults alike have tried to get away with “cookies for breakfast” ever since the first batch of cookies was baked. “Cookie Crisp” cereal is probably the closest we as a people have come to justifying a little early-morning cookie indulgence. Well, I’d like to be the one to suggest another loophole in the system: Milk & Cookies Pancakes.
While it’s the milky syrup that makes these truly exceptional, these are no ordinary chocolate chip pancakes. Swapping out white sugar for brown sugar and amplifying the vanilla make them much more reminiscent of a fresh chocolate chip cookie. If you’re up for it, browning the butter lends more of an “oven-baked” flavor and aroma to the cookie pancakes. You can also feel free to add a couple tablespoons of quick oats to the dry ingredients for a more oaty, breakfast taste.
Milk & Cookies Pancakes
3 Tbsp butter, melted and/or browned, and cooled
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup milk
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
2 ¼ c all purpose flour
1 ¼ c chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
⅓ cup Heavy cream
1. Preheat a lightly-greased griddle on medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 200°.
2. Combine “Milk” syrup ingredients well in a small pitcher and set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl, and dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; stop stirring as soon as ingredients are combined and only a few streaks of flour remain.
4. Add a small amount of batter to preheated griddle to test the heat level. Pancake should cook to an even golden brown in a few minutes.
5. Continue on to make entire batch of pancakes in desired sizes. Store finished pancakes on a baking sheet and keep them warm in a preheated oven.
6. If desired, warm “milk” syrup before serving. Serve pancakes warm and stacked; garnish wish more chocolate chips.
If you’re making these fresh for company, my “Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Ball” with bagel chips is the perfect appetizer to keep your guest entertained and satiated while they wait!Add to Favourites